I used a little vintage trinket dish, a magnet and some glass glue. It’s a super easy make and so pretty! I’ve seen versions using more magnets and opaque China dishes, so more coverage for pins, the options are endless. This is the perfect amount of pins for sat by my sewing machine though…
Amber has been after a pram for her dolls, the buggy she has is flimsy and the cover keeps breaking, I also love the look of the vintage prams. I found this pram for £15 on Facebook marketplace.
It was a bit worse worse for wear and needs some tlc, the hood was faded and torn, the cover didn’t quite fit properly, the wheels dirty and battered, the paintwork also needed work.
First off I had to work out how to take it all apart, it wasn’t as simple as I thought! The rivets in the hood ended up needing drilling out with the help of a friend, as I just didn’t have the knack or the strength! The little pins which fixed the bassinet in were more simple, but as you can see, it was all showing it’s age and needed a good clean.
The cream rubber tires were taken off and given a good soak and scrub.
It was all given a good clean in preparation for spraying, you can see the rust on the bottom of the pram here, and my little helper.
I decided to use car spray paint for the pram, because of the rust, I’m also hoping this will be more durable, as I’m sure this pram will be knocked around.
I forgot to get a picture of spraying the body, but we went for white primer to help keep the rust at bay and then a fiat 500 colour so it’s a nice off-white/cream, I didn’t want it to be glaring white.
I used the old hood and cover to create the new coverings, picking it all apart and then laying out the peices. I went for a baby pink cordroy for the outside, and a gorgeous pink rose fabric for the linings. A gorgeous vintage lace I had in my stash finishes it all off beautifully. The panels were sewn together with a sewing machine and then the hood had to be sewn onto the frame by hand.
I used the chrome spray once again to paint the roses onto the side.
Instead of rivets on the hood I used nuts and bolts, and an eyelet to hook the covers over.
I think the only thing I’d do differently next time is to remember to spray the hood metal! I’m annoyed with myself that I completely forgot to do that, but it is too complicated to unstitch everything now.
I cannot wait to see Amber’s face when we give it to her for Christmas!
We’ve got a little bit further with the dolls house, with a little help from birthday presents, one bedroom is almost complete, and other rooms are getting there.
Amber wanted a dressing table with makeup and brushes, I found this Sylvanian families desk with cute perfumes. Amber also wanted a clothes rail with hangers, this pretty gold rail was also Sylvanian families, I think it was meant for a shop but it fits the bill perfectly, and the LOL clothes fit on too.
This room is the girliest room there could possibly be, rose gold glitter, marble, pink and lace. Even the LOL pet is happy chilling out on the bed in this room, who do you reckon is having more fun with this dolls house, me or Amber?!
The living room is my current favourite room, I love the cage chair and the lace rug, this cactus I found in Flying Tiger gives it a homely feel. Now we just need to find a few last bits to finish the room properly.
How cute is this pram?! Perfect size for Amber’s LOL little sisters.
This kitchen is a whole lot busier than it was the last time I pictured it, perhaps a little too busy, but the LOL dolls have just been on a good shop… I think they are also about to have a party with the amount of cake there! The shopkins fridge is too big for the room really however Amber loves it and every kitchen needs a big pink fridge.
This room is a tad more minimalist, which means it’ll be rammed full soon! But check out that rug, I’m in love, it’s made from some scrap fur fabric.
This cat has found her perfect sunbathing spot…
So much left to do still; the pink floral room is turning into a nursery, the bathroom needs finishing off, the living room needs more furniture and then the outside needs a complete makeover…