Again this blog has been neglected, with one sickness after another I feel like I’ve not had any down time. I’ve not got a clue how I’ll start working again, time to get organised once more!
I feel like Amber needed some mummy and daughter time, with Jasper being sick she’s not had as much attention as normal. So I thought we’d make some simple biscuits, with Valentine’s these make cute gifts.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
For the icing:
- Pre rolled icing or icing sugar
- Food colouring
- Optional; sprinkles, metallic paint, letter cutters
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla essence
- Then the flour gradually
- Roll out onto a floured surface to about 1cm thick
- Cut out biscuits and put onto greaseproof baking paper
- Bake for 8-10 mins at 170 (fan assisted oven) until golden
- Cool on wire rack
- Once cooled ice using your chosen method; I used pre rolled icing, adding a small amount of colour to give a marbled effect. I then added painted letters. Amber went with icing sugar, sprinkles and cut out letters.
This kept Amber occupied all afternoon, though there was quite a mess!
Wrapped up and ready to gift…